Moving House Check List
Book your removal company well in advance to ensure the they are available for your preferred time.
- Start packing early as you will need the time it takes a lot of time to box things up and you want to ensure the removal team is not waiting for you to finish as they will be charging you for their time.
- Tell the removal company up to date of any likely changes to your completion date. The more you keep them uptodate, the more likely they will be to work around any problems that arise or if you end up having to cancel them on the day, you could incur a full days costs to cover their costs.
If transporting lots of possessions make sure your removal company visits your property to see your goods (don’t just rely on email or telephone communication as it could lead to a nasty shock).
- Talk to the removal company about how to sort your belongings. Do they want to put furniture, like wardrobes, in the vehicle first?
- Check with your removal firm as to what happens if you go over your estimated time – are there penalty charges?
- Check with your household policy before you buy extra insurance as some might already cover you for moving.
- Think about parking well in advance - on some streets you may have to organise parking permits.
- Good Luck!
Want to carry on the conversation?
Chat to us on Facebook. We should warn you it contains goofy pictures of us too.